Duties and Responsibilities
"The Treasurer shall perform all duties required of the position
by law, this Charter, and the Council."
- Article VIII of
the Essexville City Charter -
City Treasurer's Duties in Part:
- Serves as chief financial officer
of the City
- Responsible for collecting
personal property taxes as warranted and
dispersing such funds to the appropriate governmental units.
- Prepare and collect utility (water,
sewer, waste collection and recycling) charges incurred by
City businesses and residences at rates established by the
- Oversight and implementation of the
water shut-off and
frozen service abatement policies.
- Assist the Assessor in maintaining
property tax records and verifying parcel information
including homestead exemptions, tax deferments and the City
poverty exemption guidelines policy.
- Determine cash flows and
invest City funds in City Council approved institutions and
instruments to maximize the rate of return as set forth in
the City Council's
investment policy and
- Serve as Deputy City Clerk
- Reconcile bank statements to
internal accounting records.