Direct Debit Utility Bill Payments
Terms and Conditions
- Customers wishing to take advantage of the automatic bill payment service must complete the enrollment form which can be accessed using the link below.
- Once enrolled, the amount deducted will be for the total amount of your quarterly utility bill. The payment will be deducted from your account on the 15th of the month in which your bill is due.
- When the utility bill is due the City will attempt to debit your designated bank account one time. If there are not sufficient funds to cover the utility bill payment, a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee in the amount of $25.00 will be added to your utility account and you will be responsible to make payment directly to the City.
- Automatic debit of the account will resume when the account has been brought current. If your designated account has been found to have a NSF status more than two times, it will be removed from the auto-payment plan.
- The direct debit authorization will continue in effect until the utility customer notifies the City of Essexville in writing at least ten (10) days prior to the next billing.
The enrollment form in PDF format and it is a fillable form. If you have problems accessing or using the enrollment form or if you have any questions regarding the automatic pay service, please contact the City offices at (989) 893-2441.